Krystle Wright is an amazing adventure photographer who is always on the next big adventure. She’s been to Baffin with a crew of base jumpers, Pakistan to capture para-gliders and even to Chitwan, Nepal for the elephant polo.
She has quality work and has been published in magazines and papers all over the world. Not only that, she is a top chick. She has become a friend through our connection on http://www.explorergirls.com.au where we are both ambassadors. Read why Krystle loves her own country, Australia.
- Name: Krystle Wright
- Occupation: Adventure Sports Photographer
- Country of Residence: Australia
- Country of Origin: Australia
- email/contact/ website : http://www.wrightfoto.com.au
- Why do you love Travel? Travelling can offer so many unique experiences whether it be meeting new people or discovering new places. It’s always a different experience continually opening your mind to new things.
- Favourite place in your home country and why? Probably Sunshine Coast because it is where I grew up and it’ll always have the home feeling. Plus the vibe there is relaxed and it’s easy to find your own beach to play on or escape to the hinterland.
- Best place for tourists to visit in your country? Australia is incredibly diverse that it’s hard to only choose one place. The central desert area showcasing Ayres Rock is amazing to visit, or the picturesque Lizard Island surround by crystal blue waters and the majestic Great Barrier Reef. The choices are endless and Australia has something to offer to any tourist visiting.
- What other country would you live in if you had to leave your country? Well I haven’t been to Europe yet and I think Spain sounds pretty good.
- Favourite activity when around your city? I love bodysurfing at the beach as it’s such a good release for the body and mind. Otherwise I’m usually on the hunt for a plate of awesome dumplings in the city.
- Do you feel you know your country well, or is more exploring of your homeland needed? There is always more exploring to be done especially when your country is as vast as Australia.
- Any warnings for travellers visiting in your country? Use your common sense. Like any country, there are good and bad things and just keep alert of your surroundings.
- Must see movie featuring your country and Why? The Castle. An absolute classic Australian comedy though it tends to be a movie that people absolutely love or the complete opposite.
- The best book to read before visiting your country? I’m more of a visual person so my book to recommend is; A Day in the Life of Australia: Photographed by 100 of the World’s Leading Photojournalists on One Day, March 6, 1981
- The must eat dish or delicacy of your country? Have a massive BBQ surrounded by friends or family. Perfect way to spend the afternoon!
- The top three sayings to make travellers stay in your country easier? E.g. How much? Too expensive or Hello.
Whose next shout?
About as useful as tits on a bull
Hit the frog and toad
- Best time of year to visit? Anytime. It just depends on what activities you wish to do!
- The 4 words that best describe your country: Relaxing, Breath-taking, Unique, Beer